Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liturgy / Prayer Book (Siddur)
See "Prayers, Blessings, Principles of Faith, and Divine Service for Noahides," 3rd Edition:
https://asknoah.org/books/prayers-blessi...r-noahides

A Noahide may recite any or all of the "Pesukei D'Zimrah" section of the Jewish morning liturgy from "A Psalm for the thanks offering..." (Psalm 100) to "Amen and Amen."
(08-23-2007, 12:46 AM)Director Michael Wrote: In fact, a faithful Noahide is allowed to learn the basics of what the Jews are required to do in fulfillment of their 613 Jewish commandments (many of which are temporarily not able to be followed during the present era of the Diaspora, before the rebuilding of the Holy Temple). This information is found, for example, in the classical codifications of Jewish Torah Law. It is the in-depth Talmudic and Midrashic commentaries and analysis on the Torah and its laws which should be learned exclusively by Jews.

B"H

I am not sure if this question belongs in this section but this answer quoted above is close to at least part of what I am asking. I've purchased the Kindle edition of the newer "Suggested prayers for Noahide community services and personal worship" and have been alternating between that and the older version "Prayers, Blessings, Principles of Faith, and Divine Service for Noahides" - what I am wondering is in the community service "prayer book" when a Noahide community comes to the "Torah study" portion of the service should that study be only on the chapters of the "Divine Code" or could it also be inclusive of the weekly Torah/Haftorah portions?

Also there are Tehillim for the Seventh Day in the new AskNoah prayer book, but I was wondering since non-Jews are not to observe Shabbat as the Jews do would that include not meeting for "morning service" on Shabbat? Or can a Noahide community gather on the Seventh day for this morning service? (just trying to distinguish between community and personal worship in this new prayer book)

Also the prayer book mentions the possibility of "singing" some of the Tehillim. Are there traditional melodies or chants available for Noahides to learn so that these could be sung in the morning service? (or in personal worship)

Thank you

(12-27-2013, 03:57 AM)rocnoahide Wrote: ...when a Noahide community comes to the "Torah study" portion of the service should that study be only on the chapters of the "Divine Code" or could it also be inclusive of the weekly Torah/Haftorah portions?

It can include the weekly Torah/Haftorah portions, as well as study of texts from any of the other categories of Torah teachings that are permitted for Noahides to study. For the explanation of those categories, see "The Divine Code". Part I, Chapter 5.

(12-27-2013, 03:57 AM)rocnoahide Wrote: Also there are Tehillim (Psalms) for the Seventh Day in the new AskNoah prayer book, but I was wondering since non-Jews are not to observe Shabbat as the Jews do would that include not meeting for "morning service" on Shabbat? Or can a Noahide community gather on the Seventh day for this morning service? (just trying to distinguish between community and personal worship in this new prayer book).

A Noahide community can decide to gather at any time on any day for communal prayers, and therefore Friday night or Saturday ("the seventh day") are equally as permissible for this as any other day. However, a Noahide community that meets on the seventh day should not include observances of any of the Jewish Sabbath restrictions, nor any prayers of "sanctification" of the day

(12-27-2013, 03:57 AM)rocnoahide Wrote: Also the prayer book mentions the possibility of "singing" some of the Tehillim. Are there traditional melodies or chants available for Noahides to learn so that these could be sung in the morning service? (or in personal worship)

There are traditional melodies for numerous Psalms and verses in Hebrew. But as these verses are sung in prayer, Gentiles should only pray in a language they understand. This would necessitate learning the meaning of the Hebrew words in those verses, or using/creating melodies for the verses in translation.