Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Non-marital sex vs. living together
(04-01-2014, 05:31 AM)joenoahi Wrote: Since I consider myself a righteous gentile I would like to know your view on Noahide laws on premarital physical relationships.

The relevant Torah laws on this subject are presented in "The Divine Code", 2nd Edition, Part VI (The Prohibition of Forbidden Relations) by Rabbi Moshe Weiner of Jerusalem:
https://asknoah.org/books/the-divine-code

In the context of the Noahide Commandments themselves, there are Seven. One of these encompasses "Forbidden Relations" - all six categories of partners who are forbidden to have sexual intercourse together. It is impossible for forbidden partners to contract marriage together within Noahide Law, so the categories of forbidden relations are always "extramarital". Another act which is known to be severely forbidden and sinful, but not subject to punishment by a court of law, is emission of semen "in vain."

Beyond that, mankind was blessed to receive standards for MORAL behavior that is pleasing in G-d's eyes, refraining from actions that are not considered punishable in a court of law, but nevertheless they are abhorrent to G-d and a departure from the ways of upright, pious living. All of this is discussed in the book "The Divine Code".

(04-01-2014, 05:31 AM)joenoahi Wrote: I grew up in a Christian (baptist) home and they always taught us that any kind of relationship with girls before marriage is wrong. We aren't encourage to talk to any girls unless we are sure that we want to marry each other. Now what is the truth on this according to the Torah? I have heard completely opposing view from different Jews that I have asked.

In matters of Torah Law for Noahides, you should only rely on answers from learned and observant Jews who are expert in that area of Torah. (Of course, the answers they provide may be quoted by others.)
One point you need to understand is the definition of "Noahide Marriage". Within Torah Law, Gentiles are not required to conduct any special ceremony in order to enter into a marriage relationship, which is defined as domestic partnership, sharing the same home together and living in the manner of a husband and wife as a matter of public knowledge. Also, being a "married Gentile couple" is defined as any case in which Torah Law specifies that woman would be liable for the capital sin of adultery if she has sexual intercourse with another man other than her domestic partner.
However, since marriage is also a societal institution, a Gentile society has some rights to enact laws that place more restrictive (but not less restrictive) rules on what will or will not be recognized as a valid marriage for partners who are otherwise not forbidden to each other within Torah Law.

(04-01-2014, 05:31 AM)joenoahi Wrote: I actually think of myself as a pretty deep thinker, so I see why its good to keep these laws since the world is seen as a oneness. I am 22 years old and I have a lot of resentment over the fact that I was never encouraged by family or friends to pursue a physical relationship with a girl and I have tons of resentment and regret over anyone who seems to have all this fun with girls especially in our day's society. Thank You.

For Gentile men, the promiscuous / licentious pursuit to "have all this fun with girls" without the bond of marriage is deemed to be immoral and disdainful in G-d's eyes, as it leads to the sin of emission of semen in vain, as well as the societal evil of prostitution, which includes girls who prostitute themselves only for the sake of the pleasure they receive from non-marital sex. In Genesis, man is told to leave his father and his mother, and to "cling to" (meaning to have sexual relations with) HIS WIFE (meaning, with a bond of publicly known domestic partnership).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 01-11-2009, 08:16 PM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by JohnyPicasso - 03-08-2009, 07:14 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 03-14-2009, 01:51 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 12-30-2009, 02:12 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by patrick eirenn - 03-23-2013, 04:49 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Daniel2 - 03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 03-26-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by thatguy - 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by joenoahi - 04-01-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Pre-marital sex - by Director Michael - 04-13-2014, 11:33 AM