Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Contraceptives and Righteous Gentiles
Shalom to all from Brazil! This is my first participation in the forum. I do not speak English, I'm using a base that I have and Google Translator, so I apologize for any misunderstanding.
In Genesis 9: 7 it is said that: "And you, be fruitful and multiply; swarm upon the earth and multiply thereon."
This ordinance was given directly to Noah immediately after the prohibition of killing.
There is the following comment in my footer: Rashi, quoting the Midrash connects the verses 6 and 7, concluding that "everyone who is not dedicated to building a family is equivalent to the man who causes bloodshed".
Apart from that, before this, soon after the creation of man in Genesis 1:28, just as it was required a "fruitful and multiply" ...
I, in my limitations, I understand that with the giving of the Torah at Sinai, the separation of the Jewish people was dramatically impactful to all other nations, because according to the comments here on this forum, the "fruit" became no longer required.
Some Rabbis teach that this commandment is still valid for Bnei Noach and further prohibit any method of contraception, and that any sexual relationship between husband and wife must be the willingness to bear children always in mind.
Even this worries me because I have no intention of having children by several problems, and I'm still afraid to marry, even though claimant alleged (now widow) already has children from another marriage.
Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
Contraceptives and Righteous Gentiles - by Travis - 06-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Vasectomy - by bbentontait - 07-19-2007, 04:04 AM
RE: Vasectomy - by Director Michael - 07-26-2007, 05:03 PM
RE: Contraceptives and Righteous Gentiles - by alexdantas - 11-09-2014, 08:22 AM