Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer for people with physical ailments
Thank you for your question!

(10-29-2014, 05:18 AM)Nick Wrote: are there any prayers one can say to G-d when expecting a new baby?

The best prayers to G-d that you and your wife can say are those that come from the depth of your hearts, individually and each in your own words, expressing to G-d what you need and yearn for.

That being said, I have seen Psalm 103 cited as a Psalm to recite for having children, and it seems to me that it would be appropriate for both you and your wife, if you also think so.

(10-29-2014, 05:18 AM)Nick Wrote: I don’t know whether I should just trust G-d that He will give us a healthy baby

Yes, most definitely you should, and that trust will be counted as a big merit for you.

(10-29-2014, 05:18 AM)Nick Wrote: or whether He wants me to do something in addition. But then if I do something, isn’t that akin to bribing?

There are definitely things you should be doing anyway in your service to G-d, and if you will go ahead and do those things, and especially if you go above and beyond (to any extent) what you would be inclined to do in the natural course of things when all is well, that will (still) be counted as extra merit for you. Especially when it comes to giving proper charity, we know that G-d does not remain "in debt" in rewarding that effort in practically-applied goodness and kindness.

(10-29-2014, 05:18 AM)Nick Wrote: I just don’t understand why an innocent child should suffer.

If we understood that, we wouldn't be mere humans of flesh and blood living here in this physical world. In other words, that understanding will come soon enough. Right now we have a life to live in the service of our infinitely wise Creator.

May you and your wife be blessed for involving yourselves with populating the world with righteous, G'd-fearing children, as that is certainly very precious in G-d's eyes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: saying Bless you - by rabbiyitz - 06-29-2007, 06:02 AM
RE: Prayer for people with physical ailments - by Joachim ben Noach - 12-03-2010, 11:03 PM