Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexual "marriage" & relations
Thanks for your cool headed reply. What about pointing out that the 7 Noahide Laws were signed onto as part of National Education Day. This was unanimously voted on and signed into law by the President. I am quite sure that these instructors are ignorant of this fact. Smile
You're welcome! But please note that the Noahide Commandments from G-d were not established by the U.S. Congress as laws of the land. They were only mentioned in a Congressional Resolution as an historical tradition of the ethical and moral principles for civilized society, upon which the nation was founded.

Here is the official Congressional Register web page with the text of the Resolution of Congress, which established the date of "Education Day, USA", in which context the Noahide Laws were mentioned:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/102nd-cong...4/text/enr
Ok, Dr. Michael, I give!
According to one of the lessons on the Noahide Code, it is specifically stating that the courts are responsible for teaching the 7 Noahide Laws to everyone. If the courts are not doing this is it my responsibility to write to them? What good is it to have the information and not act on it? Are we supposed to just grin and bear it until the King is annointed? I wrote a rebuttal to the recent decision on DOMA and I clearly take the court to task in my rebuttal. Especially about same sex relations. I understand that a time is coming when the entire world will know the word of God. What good is it if people do not act on these laws?
There are states that are permitting "marriage" between two people of the same sex. Are we actually supposed to support these laws?
ThanksSmile
(02-20-2014, 08:41 AM)Spanish1 Wrote: According to one of the lessons on the Noahide Code, it is specifically stating that the courts are responsible for teaching the 7 Noahide Laws to everyone. If the courts are not doing this is it my responsibility to write to them?

That lesson is speaking about the case of courts that are established on the basis of the Noahide Code. That situation is the case of a society that has empowered and directed its courts to decide the guilt of individuals and their liability to court-ordered punishment based on their transgression of any of the 7 Noahide Commandments. On the other hand, the courts in secular societies are not operating on that basis. But they can PARTIALLY satisfy the Noahide Commandment for courts of law if they keep the society orderly and safe to live in by enforcing secular laws that prohibit people from harming or cheating each other, or engaging in dangerously negligent behavior.

(02-20-2014, 08:41 AM)Spanish1 Wrote: What good is it to have the information and not act on it? Are we supposed to just grin and bear it until the King is anointed?

No! First and foremost, you should learn and observe the Torah's Noahide Code yourself. You should also try to pleasantly influence your family, friends and associates to begin to do the same. Find like-minded people, and begin a regular group study session. The Noahide Campaign definitely includes a grass-roots effort! The laws in modern countries are passed by legislatures or parliaments, within the context of the country's constitution, and according to that system, the courts are supposed to operate according to those laws and that constitution. Therefore you should consider supporting and voting for legislators / members of parliament who espouse policies that are comparatively most in-line with at least most details of the Noahide Code and its guiding principle of belief in the Creator.
If the courts aren't making their legal decisions on the basis of the laws that are "on the books", then the governmental system is breaking down. There is also the option for a person to move to a location where the laws and the courts are more in-line with the Noahide Code.

(02-20-2014, 08:41 AM)Spanish1 Wrote: I wrote a rebuttal to the recent decision on DOMA and I clearly take the court to task in my rebuttal. Especially about same sex relations.

I would very much like to read your rebuttal! Is it posted on-line, or can you send it by email through the web form on our Contact Us page?
https://asknoah.org/contactus

(02-20-2014, 08:41 AM)Spanish1 Wrote: I understand that a time is coming when the entire world will know the word of G-d. What good is it if people do not act on these laws?

When that time comes, they will, willingly and gladly! The world needs to be sufficiently prepared and uplifted for that time of spiritual redemption to take place, and every bit of personal or collective success in the Noahide Campaign brings that a step closer.

(02-20-2014, 08:41 AM)Spanish1 Wrote: There are states that are permitting "marriage" between two people of the same sex. Are we actually supposed to support these laws?
Thanks Smile

On the contrary, one should support a repeal or invalidation of that permission through the available process of the legal, political system.
Thank-you very much! I will send a copy of my rebuttal. I have not yet mailed it because I keep editing it. Now I think I believe what I wrote to be true. I would like your feedback before I send it. Because the courts are secular I do use citations from philosophers.
Thanks again.