By Louis J. Ignarro,Bruce Freeman
Nitric Oxide: Biology and Pathobiology, 3rd version, provides details on nitric oxide, a signaling molecule of key significance for the cardiovascular process that regulates blood strain and blood stream to varied organs.
With fresh hyperlinks to the function of nitric oxide within the expression of fit merits of managed nutrition and cardio workout, and the reactions of nitric oxide which could influence cellphone signaling, this ebook offers a entire source in the course of a time while elevated learn cognizance is being paid around the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, gene remedy, mobile biology, immunology, pharmacology, neuroscience, and physiology.
- Includes views from Jack Lancaster at the discovery of EDRF and nitric oxide
- Provides certain insurance of the recent gaseous signaling agents
- Features increased insurance at the ideas of biology, together with nitric oxide synthases, nitrite and nitrate biology and pathobiology, and signaling mechanisms
- Incorporates multiplied pathobiology insurance, together with nitric oxide and cardiovascular functionality, weight problems, diabetes, and erectile function/dysfunction
Read or Download Nitric Oxide: Biology and Pathobiology PDF
Similar biophysics books
Ozone is a standard constituent of air yet this gasoline turns into risky for residing organism while its focus within the troposphere is simply too excessive. such a lot prior reviews of this substance tested it basically in its position as an earth display for the biosphere or an air pollutant. This booklet also will view its derivatives (active oxygen species) at a molecular and mobile point, as ingredients that experience either optimistic and unwanted effects on flowers.
Structural Biology utilizing Electrons and X-Rays discusses the diffraction and image-based equipment used for the choice of advanced organic macromolecules. The booklet makes a speciality of the Fourier rework idea, that's a mathematical functionality that's computed to rework signs among time and frequency area.
The volumes during this authoritative sequence current a multidisciplinary method of modeling and simulation of flows within the cardiovascular and ventilatory structures, particularly multiscale modeling and paired simulations. The cardiovascular and respiration structures are tightly coupled, as their basic functionality is to provide oxygen to and take away carbon dioxide from the body's cells.
Following up on his first e-book, Fundementals of Biophysics, the writer, a well known scientist during this sector, builds on that beginning through providing the biologist or scientist a complicated, finished assurance of biophysics. Structuring the booklet into 4 significant elements, he completely covers the biophysics of advanced platforms, resembling the kinetics and thermodynamic procedures of organic structures, within the first half.
- Muscle Contraction and Cell Motility: Fundamentals and Developments
- Protein Folding Kinetics: Biophysical Methods
- Methods of Enzymatic analysis V4
- Molecular Driving Forces: Statistical Thermodynamics in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Nanoscience, Second Edition
- The Phantoms of Medical and Health Physics: Devices for Research and Development (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
Additional info for Nitric Oxide: Biology and Pathobiology
Nitric Oxide: Biology and Pathobiology by Louis J. Ignarro,Bruce Freeman