By Philip K. Maini,Hans G. Othmer
Read Online or Download Mathematical Models for Biological Pattern Formation (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications) PDF
Best biophysics books
Ozone is an ordinary constituent of air yet this fuel turns into harmful for dwelling organism while its focus within the troposphere is simply too excessive. such a lot prior reports of this substance tested it purely in its position as an earth reveal for the biosphere or an air pollutant. This publication also will view its derivatives (active oxygen species) at a molecular and mobile point, as ingredients that experience either optimistic and unwanted effects on flora.
Structural Biology utilizing Electrons and X-Rays discusses the diffraction and image-based tools used for the decision of complicated organic macromolecules. The ebook specializes in the Fourier remodel thought, that is a mathematical functionality that's computed to remodel indications among time and frequency area.
The volumes during this authoritative sequence current a multidisciplinary method of modeling and simulation of flows within the cardiovascular and ventilatory structures, in particular multiscale modeling and matched simulations. The cardiovascular and breathing platforms are tightly coupled, as their fundamental functionality is to provide oxygen to and take away carbon dioxide from the body's cells.
Following up on his first e-book, Fundementals of Biophysics, the writer, a well known scientist during this quarter, builds on that starting place through supplying the biologist or scientist a sophisticated, finished insurance of biophysics. Structuring the publication into 4 significant components, he completely covers the biophysics of complicated platforms, resembling the kinetics and thermodynamic tactics of organic platforms, within the first half.
- Oxygen Transport to Tissue XXIV: v. 24 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence: An Interdisciplinary Debate
- The Common Extremalities in Biology and Physics: Maximum Energy Dissipation Principle in Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Evolution (Elsevier Insights)
- Implantable Cardiac Devices Technology
- Biophysics for Therapeutic Protein Development: 4 (Biophysics for the Life Sciences)
- Algorithms in Computational Molecular Biology: Techniques, Approaches and Applications (Wiley Series in Bioinformatics)
Additional info for Mathematical Models for Biological Pattern Formation (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
Mathematical Models for Biological Pattern Formation (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications) by Philip K. Maini,Hans G. Othmer