By Hans Boersma,Matthew Levering
This assortment assembles essays through 11 top Catholic and evangelical theologians in an ecumenical dialogue of the advantages – and strength drawbacks – of today’s burgeoning corpus of theological interpretation. The authors discover the severe courting among the earthly global and its heavenly counterpart.
- Ground-breaking quantity of ecumenical debate that includes Catholic and evangelical theologians
- Explores the center theological factor of ways the fabric and religious worlds interrelate
- Features a variety of analytical approaches
- Addresses an pressing have to distinguish the optimistic and complex features of today’s swiftly growing to be corpus of theological interpretation
Read Online or Download Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology) PDF
Best christian theology books
Planted isn't really a “how to” booklet, yet a “how so” booklet during which the reader is invited to commute with Leah Kostamo at the wild experience of salmon saving, stranger welcoming, and God worshiping as she and her husband aid identify the 1st Christian environmental heart in Canada. averting simplistic prescriptions or clichéd platitudes, Leah wrestles with problems with poverty, justice, and the surroundings during the narrative of her personal existence event.
Thomas Schubeck reports the importance of affection and justice in the Christian culture and the way they have been understood and utilized through the prophets and Jesus, through Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Reinhold Niebuhr, and John Paul II. Foundational for those key historic figures, love and justice also are the keys this day to practices of nonviolence, struggle and peace, operating for the typical stable, and constructing cohesion.
What's post-colonial theology? How does it relate to theology that emerged in traditionally colonial occasions? those are questions that get to the center of Robert S. Heaney's paintings as he considers the level to which theologians predating the emergence of post-colonial theology may be regarded as precursory to this theological circulation.
The Armenian folks epic David of Sassoun was once played and transmitted orally for over a thousand years earlier than a version was once came across and transcribed in 1873. The book of this variation marks the start of a protracted interval of discoveries of alternative versions. The fifty versions gathered by1936 are the resource of the epic's unified textual content.
- Reconstructing a Christian Theology of Nature: Down to Earth (Ashgate Science and Religion Series)
- Jesus vs. Caesar: For People Tired of Serving the Wrong God
- The Anointed Son: A Trinitarian Spirit Christology (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 129)
- Creation and New Creation: Understanding God's Creation Project (Christian Doctrine in Historical Perspective)
Extra info for Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology)
Heaven on Earth?: Theological Interpretation in Ecumenical Dialogue (Directions in Modern Theology) by Hans Boersma,Matthew Levering