By Adrian Thatcher
- Makes a theological contribution to realizing the unparalleled adjustments in sexual and gender relationships of the final fifty years
- Discusses many issues together with: sexual distinction; sexual equality; gender and gear; the character of wish; the way forward for marriage in Christian sexual ethics; homosexuality and same-sex unions; the issues of sexual minorities; birth control in a time of HIV/AIDS; the separation of sexual adventure from marriage; and gives new arguments for marriage and for chastity
- Offers a constant and interesting advent on the leading edge of theological inquiry, that's modern, undogmatic, wondering, and suitable to readers' adventure, pursuits, and needs
- Written lucidly and engagingly by means of a longtime and revered educational who has released generally during this area
Read Online or Download God, Sex, and Gender: An Introduction PDF
Similar christian theology books
Planted isn't really a “how to” publication, yet a “how so” e-book during which the reader is invited to trip with Leah Kostamo at the wild trip of salmon saving, stranger welcoming, and God worshiping as she and her husband aid identify the 1st Christian environmental middle in Canada. heading off simplistic prescriptions or clichéd platitudes, Leah wrestles with problems with poverty, justice, and the surroundings throughout the narrative of her personal existence event.
Thomas Schubeck stories the importance of affection and justice in the Christian culture and the way they have been understood and utilized through the prophets and Jesus, by way of Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Reinhold Niebuhr, and John Paul II. Foundational for those key old figures, love and justice also are the keys this day to practices of nonviolence, warfare and peace, operating for the typical reliable, and setting up team spirit.
What's post-colonial theology? How does it relate to theology that emerged in traditionally colonial events? those are questions that get to the guts of Robert S. Heaney's paintings as he considers the level to which theologians predating the emergence of post-colonial theology may be regarded as precursory to this theological flow.
The Armenian people epic David of Sassoun used to be played and transmitted orally for over 1000 years ahead of a variation was once found and transcribed in 1873. The ebook of this version marks the start of a protracted interval of discoveries of alternative variations. The fifty editions gathered by1936 are the resource of the epic's unified textual content.
- The Son Rises: Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus
- The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible
- The Church, Authority, and Foucault: Imagining the Church as an Open Space of Freedom (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- Rethinking Christian Forgiveness: Theological, Philosophical, and Psychological Explorations
- Sympathy for Jonah: Reflections on Humiliation, Terror and the Politics of Enemy-Love
- Perspectives on Mormon Theology: Apologetics
Additional info for God, Sex, and Gender: An Introduction
God, Sex, and Gender: An Introduction by Adrian Thatcher