By Ágnes Buka,Nándor Éber
The e-book intends to provide a cutting-edge evaluation of flexoelectricity, a linear actual coupling among mechanical (orientational) deformations and electrical polarization, that's particular to structures with orientational order, similar to liquid crystals.
Chapters written by way of specialists within the box make clear theoretical in addition to experimental elements of study performed because the discovery of flexoelectricity. in addition to a typical macroscopic (continuum) description the microscopic thought of flexoelectricity is additionally addressed. Electro-optic results because of or changed by way of flexoelectricity in addition to a number of (direct and oblique) dimension equipment are mentioned. specified emphasis is given to the function of flexoelectricity in pattern-forming instabilities.
While the main target of the e-book lies in flexoelectricity in nematic liquid crystals, peculiarities of alternative mesophases (bent-core platforms, cholesterics, and smectics) also are reviewed. Flexoelectricity has relevance to organic (living) platforms and will additionally supply chances for technical functions. the fundamentals of those interdisciplinary fields also are summarized.
- Introduction to Flexoelectricity: Its Discovery and uncomplicated suggestions (R B Meyer)
- Molecular conception of Flexoelectricity in Nematic Liquid Crystals (M A Osipov)
- Flexoelectro-optics and Measurements of Flexocoefficients (N V Madhusudana)
- Flexoelectricity of Bent-core Molecules (A Jákli, J Harden and N Éber)
- The function of Flexoelectricity in development Formation (Á Buka, T Tóth-Katona, N Éber, A Krekhov and W Pesch)
- Flexoelectricity in Chiral Polar Smectics (M Čepič)
- Flexoelectricity in Lyotropics and in dwelling Liquid Crystals (A G Petrov)
- Applications of Flexoelectricity (P Rudquist and S T Lagerwall)
- Appendix A. Measured Flexoelectric Coefficients of Nematic Liquid Crystals (N Éber)
- Appendix B. Abbreviations
Readership: Graduate scholars and researchers in physics, biology and their applications.
Read Online or Download Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications PDF
Best biophysics books
Ozone is a regular constituent of air yet this gasoline turns into harmful for dwelling organism whilst its focus within the troposphere is just too excessive. so much earlier stories of this substance tested it in basic terms in its position as an earth reveal for the biosphere or an air pollutant. This ebook also will view its derivatives (active oxygen species) at a molecular and mobile point, as ingredients that experience either optimistic and unwanted effects on plants.
Structural Biology utilizing Electrons and X-Rays discusses the diffraction and image-based equipment used for the selection of advanced organic macromolecules. The ebook specializes in the Fourier remodel concept, that is a mathematical functionality that's computed to remodel signs among time and frequency area.
The volumes during this authoritative sequence current a multidisciplinary method of modeling and simulation of flows within the cardiovascular and ventilatory platforms, specifically multiscale modeling and matched simulations. The cardiovascular and respiration structures are tightly coupled, as their basic functionality is to provide oxygen to and take away carbon dioxide from the body's cells.
Following up on his first ebook, Fundementals of Biophysics, the writer, a well known scientist during this region, builds on that starting place by way of delivering the biologist or scientist a complicated, finished assurance of biophysics. Structuring the e-book into 4 significant elements, he completely covers the biophysics of complicated structures, equivalent to the kinetics and thermodynamic procedures of organic structures, within the first half.
- Planar Lipid Bilayers: Methods and Applications (Biological Techniques Series)
- Biosignalverarbeitung (German Edition)
- Redox Cell Biology and Genetics, Part B: 353 (Methods in Enzymology)
- Handbook of Single-Molecule Biophysics
Extra info for Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications
Flexoelectricity in Liquid Crystals:Theory, Experiments and Applications by Ágnes Buka,Nándor Éber