By Seán Lang
- Accompanied via entry to a value-add timeline and 'Who's Who in European historical past' part on dummies.com
- This new version includes an 8-page color insert so you can see who, what, and the place the consequent ancient motion takes place.
Read or Download European History For Dummies PDF
Similar european history books
Reports within the historical past of French Political economic system considers the evolution of monetary concept in France, from the 16th to the 20th century. Gilbert Faccarello brings to the vanguard these economists, subject matters and controversies that are very important within the context of contemporary learn, and approximately which new principles should be built.
Richard A. Goldthwaite, a number one fiscal historian of the Italian Renaissance, has spent his occupation learning the Florentine financial system. during this magisterial paintings, Goldthwaite brings jointly a life of study and perception at the topic, clarifying and explaining the advanced workings of Florence’s advertisement, banking, and artisan sectors.
The process contemporary German background has been unstable. occasions in japanese Europe, the cave in of ecu Communism and German Re-Unification has introduced problems with Germany's prestige into the world of global politics. The query of German Unification provides an advent to the final 2 hundred years of German background and addresses questions raised through the prestige of Germany as a unmarried or break up nationwide nation.
Germany enjoys an enviably eco-friendly popularity. Environmentalists in different nations applaud its strict environmental legislation, its world-class eco-friendly expertise organisations, its phase-out of nuclear strength, and its influential eco-friendly get together. Germans are happy with those achievements, and environmentalism has turn into a part of the German nationwide id.
- La Mettrie: Medicine, Philosophy, and Enlightenment
- The Lives of Popes and Emperors (Italica Press Medieval & Renaissance Texts)
- The Franks in the Aegean: 1204-1500
- The Making of Modern Greece: Nationalism, Romanticism, and the Uses of the Past (1797–1896) (Publications of the Centre for Hellenic Studies, King's Coll)
Extra info for European History For Dummies
European History For Dummies by Seán Lang