By William Schweiker
- Explores the massive non secular subject matters of recent lifestyles, together with non secular id in worldwide occasions, the position of judgment of right and wrong, integrity, and models of non secular humanism
- Written by way of an writer who's the world over famous as one of many world’s top theologians
- Draws at the paintings of a few famous modern philosophers and theologians to elucidate the character of faith
- Unique in its appreciation of the anomaly of faith – in its representations of the top human achievements in addition to the very worst of human activities – utilizing a balanced and engaged method of discusses contentious theological and highbrow issues
Read or Download Dust that Breathes: Christian Faith and the New Humanisms (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) PDF
Best christian theology books
Planted isn't really a “how to” publication, yet a “how so” booklet within which the reader is invited to shuttle with Leah Kostamo at the wild trip of salmon saving, stranger welcoming, and God worshiping as she and her husband aid determine the 1st Christian environmental middle in Canada. averting simplistic prescriptions or clichéd platitudes, Leah wrestles with problems with poverty, justice, and the surroundings in the course of the narrative of her personal existence event.
Thomas Schubeck reports the importance of affection and justice in the Christian culture and the way they have been understood and utilized by way of the prophets and Jesus, by means of Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Reinhold Niebuhr, and John Paul II. Foundational for those key historic figures, love and justice also are the keys this day to practices of nonviolence, warfare and peace, operating for the typical reliable, and constructing team spirit.
What's post-colonial theology? How does it relate to theology that emerged in traditionally colonial occasions? those are questions that get to the center of Robert S. Heaney's paintings as he considers the level to which theologians predating the emergence of post-colonial theology should be regarded as precursory to this theological circulation.
The Armenian folks epic David of Sassoun was once played and transmitted orally for over a thousand years sooner than a variation was once stumbled on and transcribed in 1873. The e-book of this version marks the start of an extended interval of discoveries of different variations. The fifty versions amassed by1936 are the resource of the epic's unified textual content.
- Somewhere Jesus is Waiting
- Asian Theology on the Way: Christianity, culture and context (ISG)
- Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Christian Apologetics
- Salvation is More Complicated than You Think: A Study on the Teachings of Jesus
Additional info for Dust that Breathes: Christian Faith and the New Humanisms (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
Dust that Breathes: Christian Faith and the New Humanisms (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) by William Schweiker