By Konstantin Bogdanov
- An advent to biophysics for non-specialist
- Covers all of the vital topices in glossy biophysics
- Takes account of the newest details rising from biophysical projects
- Reports on novel healing strategies
- Presents an advanced-level review of mechanisms that keep watch over quite a few approaches in organisms starting from bacterial to whales
Read Online or Download Biology in Physics: Is Life Matter? (Polymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials) PDF
Best biophysics books
Ozone is a typical constituent of air yet this fuel turns into risky for dwelling organism while its focus within the troposphere is just too excessive. so much past experiences of this substance tested it purely in its position as an earth monitor for the biosphere or an air pollutant. This publication also will view its derivatives (active oxygen species) at a molecular and mobile point, as elements that experience either confident and unwanted effects on plants.
Structural Biology utilizing Electrons and X-Rays discusses the diffraction and image-based tools used for the selection of advanced organic macromolecules. The booklet makes a speciality of the Fourier rework conception, that's a mathematical functionality that's computed to remodel indications among time and frequency area.
The volumes during this authoritative sequence current a multidisciplinary method of modeling and simulation of flows within the cardiovascular and ventilatory structures, in particular multiscale modeling and matched simulations. The cardiovascular and respiration structures are tightly coupled, as their fundamental functionality is to provide oxygen to and take away carbon dioxide from the body's cells.
Following up on his first e-book, Fundementals of Biophysics, the writer, a widely known scientist during this quarter, builds on that starting place by way of providing the biologist or scientist a complicated, accomplished insurance of biophysics. Structuring the publication into 4 significant components, he completely covers the biophysics of advanced platforms, reminiscent of the kinetics and thermodynamic procedures of organic platforms, within the first half.
- Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins: An Introduction to Laboratory Methods
- Molecular Mechanisms in Visual Transduction (Handbook of Biological Physics)
- Robotic Radiosurgery. Treating Tumors that Move with Respiration
- The Physical Measurement of Bone (Series in Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering)
- Environmental Radiation Effects on Mammals: A Dynamical Modeling Approach
- Modeling of Microscale Transport in Biological Processes
Extra info for Biology in Physics: Is Life Matter? (Polymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials)
Biology in Physics: Is Life Matter? (Polymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials) by Konstantin Bogdanov