By Walter C. Kasier Jr.,Dorington G. Little
Table of Contents
Prologue: The Heavens Are Telling the consideration of God
1. knowledge used to be There ahead of God Created the World
Proverbs 3:19–20 & 8:22–31
2. initially God Created the Universe
3. A backyard for Adam and Eve
4. A Divine Ode to Creation
5. How incredible Is God’s identify in all of the Earth
Psalms eight & 19:1–6
6. The Lord of the Seven Thunders
7. construction by way of the observe of God
8. The Noise of Heaven and Earth!
9. Getting the evidence directly approximately God and Creation
10. Jesus and the hot Genesis Advent
11. the recent Heavens and the recent Earth
Isaiah 65:17–25 & 66:22–24
12. Our New construction self assurance for Proclamation and Living
2 Corinthians 4:6 & 5:17
Epilogue: a decision and a Challenge
Appendix: The Literary style of Genesis 1–11
Read Online or Download Biblical Portraits of Creation: Celebrating the Maker of Heaven and Earth PDF
Best christian theology books
Planted isn't a “how to” booklet, yet a “how so” ebook within which the reader is invited to commute with Leah Kostamo at the wild trip of salmon saving, stranger welcoming, and God worshiping as she and her husband support determine the 1st Christian environmental middle in Canada. heading off simplistic prescriptions or clichéd platitudes, Leah wrestles with problems with poverty, justice, and the surroundings during the narrative of her personal existence event.
Thomas Schubeck studies the importance of affection and justice in the Christian culture and the way they have been understood and utilized by way of the prophets and Jesus, by way of Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Reinhold Niebuhr, and John Paul II. Foundational for those key old figures, love and justice also are the keys this present day to practices of nonviolence, conflict and peace, operating for the typical reliable, and developing unity.
What's post-colonial theology? How does it relate to theology that emerged in traditionally colonial occasions? those are questions that get to the guts of Robert S. Heaney's paintings as he considers the level to which theologians predating the emergence of post-colonial theology can be regarded as precursory to this theological stream.
The Armenian folks epic David of Sassoun used to be played and transmitted orally for over a thousand years earlier than a variation was once came upon and transcribed in 1873. The booklet of this version marks the start of an extended interval of discoveries of different versions. The fifty editions amassed by1936 are the resource of the epic's unified textual content.
- Practices, Politics, and Performance: Toward a Communal Hermeneutic for Christian Ethics (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 57)
- Sin and Grace
- Let's Pretend We're Normal: Adventures in Rediscovering How to Be a Family
- Facing the Fiend: Satan as a Literary Character
- Good Food: Grounded Practical Theology
- The Spirit and the New Age: An Inquiry into the Holy Spirit and Last Things from a Biblical Theological Perspective (Wesleyan Theological Perspectives Book 5)
Additional resources for Biblical Portraits of Creation: Celebrating the Maker of Heaven and Earth
Biblical Portraits of Creation: Celebrating the Maker of Heaven and Earth by Walter C. Kasier Jr.,Dorington G. Little